Basic digital hearing aids may require the wearer to make some manual adjustments in certain listening environments such as turning a volume control up or down, or pushing a button to change listening programs. In contrast, a more advanced hearing aid responds automatically to changes in the listener's environment, making changes based on the signals being detected by the hearing aid. The hearing aid wearer is not required to make any manual changes. As the level of the technology increases in hearing aids, so do the availability of advanced features.
Styles of Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are available in many different sizes and styles thanks to advancements in digital technology and miniaturization of the internal components. Many of today's hearing aids are considered sleek, compact and innovative – offering solutions to a wide range of hearing aid wearers.
Various hearing aid styles we offer:
- In the ear (ITE) or full shell: These devices are custom-fit to sit in the outer portion of the ear canal and are ideal for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- Invisible in canal (IIC): These hearing aids fit deeper in the canal to provide an “invisible” appearance. They are ideal for individuals with mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- Completely in canal (CIC): Custom-made to fit completely in the ear canal, these device have a small handle that sits outside the canal for insertion and removal. These hearing aids are designed for individuals with mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- In the canal (ITC): These devices are made to sit inside the canal with a small portion of the hearing aid visible at the opening of the ear. They are ideal for individuals with mild-to-mildly-severe hearing loss.
- Behind the ear (BTE): The bodies of these hearing aids are worn behind the ear with a small receiver in the ear connected by a slim tube. They are ideal for individuals with mild to severe hearing loss.
- Mini BTE with slim tube and tip: The same build as a behind-the-ear device, but smaller and more discreet. Ideal for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- BTE with earmolds: Worn behind the ear, but utilizes an earmold for a custom fit and to boost listening experience. These devices are designed for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- Receiver-in-canal (RIC): Similar to a BTE and ITC, the receiver sits in the ear and this device comes in miniature styles. Ideal for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- Earplugs and earmolds for hunting: Designed to protect hunters from the damaging impacts of rounds fired.
- Earplugs and earmolds for music: Designed to optimize the musician’s experience by filtering out the damaging sounds, but allowing the music to reach the wearer.
- Earplugs and earmolds for swimming: Designed to stop water from entering the ears while swimming. Available in options that float, making them easy to keep track of.
- iCustom: Designed for use with any type of earbud or button-style earphones.
- SoundGear by Starkey: Designed to enhance environmental awareness while also instantly and automatically protecting your ears from loud noises like gun blasts, engines or industrial equipment and tools.
Hearing Aid Products and Accessories by Manufacturer
Bluetooth Hearing Aids
Developers of hearing aids are always looking for new and improved ways of making hearing aids better and more useful in people's lives. Bluetooth technology is being used to make it easier for hearing aid users to connect their hearing aids to various devices for improved sound quality directly from the sound source.
Oticon was founded on a compassion for people — and a deep understanding of the role that hearing plays in living a richer and fuller life. People First is our promise to empower people to communicate freely, interact naturally and participate actively.
Phonak's goal is to improve the quality of life of people with hearing loss. Phonak is the innovative force in hearing acoustics. With our creative solutions, we strive to overcome technological limitations - so that all people are able to hear, understand and fully enjoy life's rich landscapes of sound.
Rechargeable Hearing Aids
Check out our rechargeable hearing aids that feature high-quality noise reduction at a price that fits your budget!
ReSound provides excellent sound by offering innovative hearing solutions that combine original thinking and design with solid technology - all based on deep audiological insight and understanding of hearing aid users.
Starkey Hearing Technologies is much more than the hearing aids we produce. We are in the business of connecting people and changing lives. We believe being able to hear the world and the people around us is as essential to the human experience as breathing.
At Widex, we combine years of understanding with a natural curiosity in finding solutions to individual hearing loss. Our uncompromising approach to innovation has led to such advances as the world’s first fully digital in-the-ear hearing aid, as well as our own revolutionary wireless technology.